Find the Umbrella Contest
WCDSB and our partner The Umbrella Project know you probably feel like you’re stuck in a never-ending thunderstorm right now. Hopefully, this contest will provide a bit of a rainbow or silver lining for you. By sharing the great ways you are using your Umbrella Skills you will have the chance to have your name entered into a draw to win 1 of 7 President’s Choice $100 gift cards.
What is an umbrella skill? May’s Umbrella Skill, for example, is Optimism. Realistic optimism mixes the belief that good things will happen with the knowledge that obstacles are a part of life and should be prepared for. It helps us link our dreams to the steps we will need to take to achieve them and helps us create a plan. So maybe you’d send us in a tweet #WCDSBFindtheUmbrella or Facebook post #WCDSBFindtheUmbrella showing how you’ve drawn your favourite part of the day in your journal. Or making a list of all the good things that have happened since you’ve been home.
Steps to Enter:
- Make sure you fill out the form below so you can be entered into our draw. Contest rules found below.
- Share your Umbrella skills on social media using the hashtag #WCDSBFindtheUmbrella
Our twitter handle is @WCDSBNewswire. Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/wcdsb/. Our email is email@example.com.
Here is another example of an idea for showing us an Umbrella Skill. Kindness is an Umbrella Skill. Maybe you wrote a thank you note to a grocery store worker – take a photo and send it in.
E.g, “@WCDSBNewswire, #WCDSBFindtheUmbrella, here is a photo of a thank you note I wrote for our local grocery store.”
#WCDSBFindtheUmbrella Rules & Regulations
- Students can submit an unlimited number of entries.
- Unsuccessful entries from earlier draws will be entered into the remaining draws.
- No substitutions of grocery stores.
- Students must attend a WCDSB school currently. This will be verified once the winner is selected for each draw.
- All ages, elementary and secondary students may participate.
- Entries will be drawn randomly. Contest opens May 20th.
- Draw winners will be notified by email and/or phone. Draws will occur on Friday May 22nd, Wednesday May 27th, Friday May 29th, Wednesday June 3rd, Friday June 5th, Wednesday June 10th with the final draw on Friday June 12th. Entries must be submitted by 9 a.m. on the day of the draw. WCDSB will send the winner the gift card.
- WCDSB staff families are eligible to participate.
- In no event shall contest entities be responsible hereunder for any incidental, consequential, special, or indirect damages, even if contest entities have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Return of email notification as undeliverable after 3 attempts or 3 repeated phone calls as undeliverable will result in forfeit of prize. By entering this Contest the entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these General Rules and Regulations.
- This contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by President’s Choice.
Contest Entry Form